Benmore Peak Observatory The site's sensors and telemetry link was shut down in late July, 2012, but will be restored some time during October. Sensors operating at Benmore Peak Observatory:
Links to manufacturer's sites for sensors operating at Benmore Peak Observatory:
- All-sky camera: Online
- Automatic weather station: Online
- Cloud detector: Online
- Lightning detector (Blitzortung.org): Online
- Lightning detector (Lightning/2000): Operational, but not online
- Lightning detector (StormVue): Online
- Meteor camera system: Installing
- SAM III auroral monitoring magnetometer: Installing
- SQM-LE sky darkness meters: Online
The connection via Telecom NZ's XT network is not always reliable, so the pages may sometimes be out-of-date.
- AAG CloudWatcher cloud detector and anemometer, with AAGware's CloudWatcher and WeatherCenter applications.
- Boltek StormTracker lightning detectors, with Aninoquisi's Lightning/2000 application, and Astrogenic's StormVue Java-based applet.
- TOA-based lightning detector, part of the Blitzortung.org lightning detection network.
- Meteor camera system.
- Moonglow Technologies All Sky Cam, with ASC Uploader, part of the Allskycam.com ASC network.
- SAM III magnetometer.
- Unihedron SQM-LE sky darkness meter, with Knightware's SQM Reader Pro application.
- Vaisala WXT520 weather station.